S has built on his independence, confidence and self-esteem through all the trips he has attended.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the organisers of the biggest mass-participation sports events across the country have come together to create a new campaign to raise vital funds for the UK’s charities.
The 2.6 Challenge launches on Sunday 26th April – what should have been the date of the 40th Virgin Money London Marathon. It calls for everyone around the UK to invent their own challenges based around the numbers 2.6 or 26 – and donate or raise £26 for a charity of their choice.
Keen to get involved & raise funds for Yellow Submarine? Funds raised will help us continue our work supporting young people and adults with learning disabilities and autism to live their lives to the full #WeCan
Here’s just a few challenge ideas – but we’re sure you can come up with your own!
- Complete a 2.6 mile run, jog or walk (whilst keeping in mind guidance on keeping safe)
- Try doing 26 keepy-uppies in a row
- Take on 26 laps of the garden…skipping, hopping or jumping!
- Hold a sponsored silence for 26 minutes…or hours!
- Complete a 26-part obstacle course in the garden.
Once you’ve invented your challenge, there are just four simple steps to take:
- Set-up your very own fundraising page – just head to Virgin Giving & follow the steps to set-up your page; don’t forget to choose Yellow Submarine as your charity!
- Ask all your friends and family to sponsor you - and challenge them to take on their own 2.6 Challenge too!
- Complete your challenge – make sure you take some videos and photo to document your challenge.
- Share a photo or video of your challenge on social media with #TwoPointSixChallenge and tag @ysubcharity – we can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Don’t forget, to follow government guidelines on exercise and social distancing when planning your challenge. Most people will be taking part on Sunday 26 April, but you can complete your 2.6 challenge whenever works best for you.
For more information on the 2.6 Challenge, please visit twopointsixchallenge.co.uk.