A year ago when she walked into a group environment she would have been reluctant to leave me - a year later she can’t wait to get me out of the door!
Job title: General Intern
Salary: Daily travel and lunch expenses as remuneration.
Hours: 25-40hrs per week (length of internship negotiable)
Yellow Submarine is looking for an enthusiastic individual to help with the delivery of our projects as well as having the opportunity to become involved in some of our office based ventures. If you have an interest in a specific administrative based role, we may be able to help you gain experience within this area. An intern would need to have a deep and passionate interest in the development and well-being of individuals with a learning disability and/or autism.
Position will involve:
The predominant role you will be involved in is assisting the delivery of our social enterprise projects during week days. Yellow Submarine runs a supported work experience programme, which helps adults with learning disabilities to work. An Interns role would be to support the learners to try their hand at different jobs and discover what suits their abilities and needs. The goal is to get individuals managing independently in their chosen area and the confidence to progress, where appropriate, to the next level.
Alongside this you would be taking an administrative role within the office, being involved in various aspects of the charity, with the opportunity to focus on developing any strength that you may have, or in an area you wish to progress in.
You will be expected to:
- Help plan new and exciting activities for our sessions
- Supervise and support young people and adults with learning disabilities to access our activities
- Interact with the general public, parents and carers, maintaining a professional image and representing Yellow Submarine positively
- Respond to the needs of individuals in a respectful and empathic way, protecting their dignity and self-esteem
- Attend training as requested
- Uphold Yellow Submarine policies and procedures, especially those of Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults, and Equality and Diversity (training will be provided as necessary)
- Work as part of a team
What we offer you:
- A relaxed, friendly environment where your opinion matters.
- A chance to take on responsibility when you are ready.
- A healthy work to life balance due to our opening hours (9am-5pm Monday to Friday)
- Social activities organised by staff for staff, and a small, supportive staff team.
Who can apply:
We welcome applications from all people regardless of race, gender, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation or age and we are committed to providing under-represented groups with the help and support they need to apply to join us.
To apply for this position please send your CV to Cara. It is likely that we will have similar opportunities throughout the year so do get in touch at anytime.